Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home

Sunday, May 9, 2010

"One Step At A Time"

I have heard this so many times in the past week, and to a certain extent, I understand the thought process. Things don't happen overnight, right? Everything is a process? Well, what happens when there is really only one choice, but the pieces of the puzzle are not completely lining up?

I have some options...yes, there is still the option of being a technician with the production company. Awesome opportunity! Truly, it is. There are two problems I see right now, though...
1. I may not be able to attend weddings that are going to happen within the next year.
2. I will be right back in this same situation (living at home) after the 10 month tour is finished, and will not have a car.

The other option I see right now is the possibility of moving out to Colorado, utilizing some connections for inexpensive rent, and looking for a job out in that area. There are also difficulties to this option...
1. I will need to relocate to Colorado, which not only costs a lot of money (mainly gas), but also requires driving across the country. A little crazy? Yes. Would it be worth it? Yes.
2. I may not be able to find a job in Colorado, then being left stuck paying expenses - rent, gas, insurance, cell phone plan, and college loans - without having a way to make ends meet.

Advantages to being a technician?
1. I would be traveling the country for 10 months, August through May, with all mandatory expenses paid by the company (housing, food, travel..). This would allow me to have the choice of pocketing the monthly stipend, or putting the amount directly against college loans; some element of financial and physical freedom.
2. I would have hardly any additional expenses for 10 months, with the exception of my cell phone plan.
3. Direct route to ministry with teens...even though drive-by ministry.

Advantages to moving to Colorado?
1. LIVING IN THE MOUNTAINS and having the ability to spread my wings a little and try flying, while being close to some of the most supportive people I know in case of insecurity.
2. Hopefully finding a job in one of the local theatres (or theatres about an hour away), or finding a more local job and auditioning/volunteering at a local theater...or two.
3. One step closer to my dream "job" coming true.... :D

These are the thoughts that keep flooding my mind, and I cannot seem to rectify them. No matter what I do, it will be life changing. I think the most difficult part at this point is trying to decide which option to pursue more heavily...and that is extremely terrifying.


"Hurry up and wait
So close, but so far away
Everything that you've always dreamed of
Close enough for you to taste
But you just can't touch"

- Jordin Sparks, "One Step At A Time" -


Thank you, Jordin Sparks, for perfectly summing up how I feel right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment