Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Decisions and Callings

Over the past few weeks, I have been struck with the reality that God is calling me to do something huge. Not just huge, but something that people will not understand, no matter how many times it is explained. It is something that I did not foresee happening, or being called to do, and it is something that makes me nervous and excited at the same time.

So many things over the years are seemingly coming full circle in the form of answered prayers. The prayers that received the response of "wait" so many years ago are now receiving the response of "here you go" in the adventure of a lifetime.

This is going to take a lot of faith and a lot of trusting God to work everything out the way He desires, just as all of life should. I tried to resist this, but it is not happening - if anything, God is continually pushing me in this direction. Now to follow HIS calling... trusting that all the details will work out, and that the brewing storm will subside in due time.

Just when I thought this part of life was figured out, God throws a massive curve ball and says "Nope, I want you over here. No, not over there...over here. Right now." And then I go, "Really? Right now? But what about.... OK. Never mind that thought, even though You already know what it was, it's invalid to this situation. Alright, here I am, send me. Now how do we get there?" To which He responds "Patience, child. My grace is sufficient for you. Believe Me in this time that is difficult to understand, for all involved. I love you and will not let you fall. Believe in Me and My perfect will." So then I calm down and say "Ok, Abba. Thank You!"

It is beautiful to see how God is working in all these situations....

No comments:

Post a Comment